1. Your skin has three layers; the epidermis (dead and waterproof), dermis (hair and sweat glands) and subcutis (fat and large blood vessels).
2. For healthy skin, you need:
• Vitamin A – Treats sun damage and cellulite
• Vitamin D – Reduces acne spots and its growth
• Vitamin C – Antioxidant, regenerates vitamin E and provides sun protection
• Vitamin E – Antioxidant, protects against sun damage and ageing
3. Every 28 days, your skin renews itself.
4. Every minute, your skin sheds over 30,000 dead cells.
5. You start ageing at 20.
6. Skin accounts for about 15% of your body weight.
7. Your skin is its thickest on your feet (1.4mm) and thinnest on your eyelids (0.2mm)
8. The average person will shed about 48kgs of skin by age 70
9. Sweat is odourless, it’s the bacteria that makes it pong!
10. The most common skin conditions are calluses, acne, dandruff, dry skin, skin cancer and cellulite